If you are looking to serve and protect, consider seeking a job in the security sector. Security and body guards are highly trained professionals who protect individuals and businesses from possible threats. Those who choose this type of profession deter crime and do their best to prevent dangerous situations from occurring. Along with protection, there are many other responsibilities that those with security guard jobs in Arizona hold.
- Remain as visible as possible. As a security guard, it’s important to ward off burglars or criminals looking to invade the zone that needs protecting. The best way to do this is by maintaining visibility. The more that outsiders are able to see the guards, the less likely criminal activity is to occur.
- Be vigilant. Watching out for criminal activity involves much more than watching surveillance footage. Security guards must be able to detect anything out of the ordinary that could indicate an issue. For this reason, a keen sense of smell, sight, and hearing is important. Whether there is a chemical leak or someone trespassing, it is the responsibility of the security guard to detect the problem quickly.
- Excellent response skills. If an issue is detected, it is the responsibility of the security guard to respond quickly and correctly. By assessing the situation, the guard will know how to best handle things to limit the danger to both people and property in the vicinity.
- Observing and reporting. Simply detecting and handling dangerous situations is not enough. Once the danger has been averted, the security guard must inspect the area to ensure that there are no further threats. The crisis must then be reported to a superior as a way to protect against future issues.
- Calling for help. While it is the responsibility of the security guard to protect their designated space, there are certain circumstances that warrant additional help. Armed robberies, assaults, and bomb threats are just a few of the reasons why a guard may need to call the authorities for backup. By enlisting the help of these first responders, the risk of injury, accidents, or loss of property is reduced.
Security jobs in Phoenix, Arizona, require a sharp mind and critical thinking skills. With the right training and mind set, a security guard can become a protective asset to many businesses and individuals.